I believe the above is a White-tailed Tropicbird but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. In the information plaque below it reads, "the Red-tailed Tropicbird is white with a red beak and red tail spike. Whereas the White-tailed Tropicbird is more slender with black bars on otherwise white upper wings. It has a yellow bill and a white tail streamer."
The photo above was taken when we visited the
Wailua Falls on Kauai. Here you can read about them being an endangered bird on the island.
You can see some very clear photos at
For my five I am sharing videos not only on the Tropicbird but other birds in Hawaii.
Just to let you know, the first one it seems as if it is going to be very disturbing, but then you realize it is not a matter of life or death, but it does show absolutely fascinating bird behaviour.
Just to let you know, the first one it seems as if it is going to be very disturbing, but then you realize it is not a matter of life or death, but it does show absolutely fascinating bird behaviour.
1. Tropic Bird Runs the Gauntlet
2. Red-tailed Tropic Bird and its Chick
3. Unique Birds of Hawaii
4. Native Birds of Hawaii and their Bird Calls
5. Hawaiian Honeycreepers: Evolution in Hawaii
(Designed for a younger audience I think but still very informative.)
2. Red-tailed Tropic Bird and its Chick
3. Unique Birds of Hawaii
4. Native Birds of Hawaii and their Bird Calls
5. Hawaiian Honeycreepers: Evolution in Hawaii
(Designed for a younger audience I think but still very informative.)
I am linking with the following memes as they become available, with my thanks to their hosts. Please click on their names to visit other participants.



0 Yorumlar