Pack #1
Base:
Andruw Jones
Todd Helton
David Wright
Chone Figgins
Jim Edmonds
Michael Barrett
Freddy Sanchez
Pack #2
Base:
Zach Duke
Mike Jacobs
Brad Lidge
Jeff Kent
Curt Schilling
Adam LaRoche
Maggilo Ordonez
Alex Rodriguez Heads Up (SP)
Considering Upper Deck's previous ventures into "retro" themed products, (i.e. Vintage, Play Ball, and UD Retro) I was skeptical that UD had an "Allen & Ginter" type product in them. But you know what, I have to give the devil it's due because UD pulled it off. While not exactly perfect, Goudey stays true to the original -- almost to a fault.
First things first, I don't like the under-sized format. It's 2007, not 1933. How the hell are you supposed to store these cards without damaging their corners? Memo to Upper Deck: We want our cards in the 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" format, thank you very much.
Also, I'm still on the fence regarding the "Red Backs" and "Green Backs." It kind of reminds me of the "Silver" and "Gold" cards from '96 Flair, in which both variations were printed in roughly the same quantities. (This is probably the only time you will hear '07 Goudey compared to '96 Flair.)
I also think that the short-printed "Heads Up" cards -- which are tacked onto the tail end of the base set -- probably would have worked better as an insert.

0 Yorumlar